If you’re looking for a refreshing side dish that is quick and easy to throw together this is your dish. Couscous is really easy to make and you can pretty much prep this entire thing in like 15 minutes. In my opinion, it goes really well with a light chicken dish.
- Couscous, original plain
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare couscous according to package, except omit butter/olive oil and add black pepper with water.
- In large bowl, combined prepared couscous, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, basil, and green onions.
- Chill for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Stir in cheese just before serving. Serve over lettuce if desired.